Other people make a space beautiful. I kinda feel dumb writing about this. However I have a lot
on my chest. I made the decision to start a new life. I have convinced myself that
in order to move forward, I must let go of the past. I am giving up my home. Not
house but HOME. A place that I built with my love and my dreams. My comfort
zone is going to be gone. I’m giving up my childish ways. My stuffed animal
friends, my doll baby (I say it backwards because although she is a doll she is
MY BABY.) I will no longer be able to put things the way I want them or how I
want them. I am letting go of my space. My individuality, creativity, my
freedom will be boxed up or thrown out or sold. No longer will I be able to
enjoy the company of pets that I am used to. With each word I type I begin to
question the choice I am making. Only because I am giving up soooo much on a
hope, not a guarantee. Not a promise, not even a wish, or an expectation. Sacrificing
my EVERYTHING for what if. I have not the slightest idea what I am investing
in. There’s no space there for me where I am going either. Will I be able to be
all Martha Stewart around holidays? Or Paula Dean in the kitchen? I like mix
& match furniture, walls with colors, themes, pillows, mirrors, plants, animals,
& … Too much to contemplate.
People often say they do not want to live with a person they are intimate with prior to marriage. They say that shacking up is taking advantage of the purpose of marriage. Me, I just changed my mind about it. In order to say you are waiting for marriage,you must first know what marriage is. According to the B I B L E, marriage is God’s “fix” for the fact that “it is not good for the man to be alone” ( Genesis 2:18). Thus when man finds the right woman he will become "one flesh" with her. He will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Becoming one is the physical union of sexual intimacy. If I understand correctly, boy meets girl, boy and girl build a house together, boy and girl make house a home. Well in the biblical sense. In society's state of mind, it is totally different. There has to be a ring,a church,a dress,food,& witnesses. All that equals marriage & oneness. The pastor/priest/whomever has the "powe...

Comments