Let’s get this clear…
I’m not the woman that he complains about.
I’m not that woman in which he bad mouths.
I’m the woman whom he doubts.
The one when he’s in jam, bails him out.
When he’s struggling, helps him out.
The one he leaves to go to others and lie about.
Let him tell it, he’s been single for the past several years.
I’m just his best friend whom he holds quite dear.
I think he figures when his life becomes that of his dreams, he’ll find someone better than me.
But now while he’s still on his way, I’m best to have in his pocket, his ace in the hold, isn’t that what they say?
But that woman who doesn’t know how to treat a man, he always speaks of, he once claimed as his wife, so I’m guessing they were madly in love.
He hasn’t moved on from her, I believe no one compares.
Not to her cooking, cleaning, or fashionable flair.
She must have set a standard so high, because since her he hasn’t had a romantic life.
Being such a close friend, I’ve witnessed him since.
My heart goes out to him, but that’s it.
I think he needs l-ve but he ain’t someone I see myself having a future with…
People often say they do not want to live with a person they are intimate with prior to marriage. They say that shacking up is taking advantage of the purpose of marriage. Me, I just changed my mind about it. In order to say you are waiting for marriage,you must first know what marriage is. According to the B I B L E, marriage is God’s “fix” for the fact that “it is not good for the man to be alone” ( Genesis 2:18). Thus when man finds the right woman he will become "one flesh" with her. He will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Becoming one is the physical union of sexual intimacy. If I understand correctly, boy meets girl, boy and girl build a house together, boy and girl make house a home. Well in the biblical sense. In society's state of mind, it is totally different. There has to be a ring,a church,a dress,food,& witnesses. All that equals marriage & oneness. The pastor/priest/whomever has the "powe...
Comments